Family Friendly Hotel in Santa Barbara
A family vacation in Santa Barbara is always a great idea – with beautiful beaches, a walkable downtown and charming zoo – there is something for all ages.
Our Santa Barbara hotel offers a host of amenities to ensure your family is relaxed and comfortable, as it relishes a fun-filled vacation. These amenities include:
- Spacious guestrooms, including king rooms with additional full size bunkbeds, rooms with two double beds and rooms with sofa beds
- Cribs are available for complimentary loan and children can sleep in the existing bed for free
- Steps away from West Beach and two outdoor pools
- Complimentary beach cruiser bikes, available for loan to explore the beach and beyond
- Daily complimentary continental breakfast for the whole family
- You can bring your furry, fluffy or feathered family members–pets are welcome at Hotel Milo!
Santa Barbara is fun for all ages and Hotel Milo has all the amenities you need for a fantastic family vacation!
Family Activities in Santa Barbara
While you are in town, be sure to take advantage of all the fun family-friendly activities Santa Barbara has to offer. Here are a few recommendations for a family vacation in Santa Barbara:
- Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History – Art, culture, nature, and science converge in this museum filled with interactive exhibits and play areas, which create a sense of wonderment for kids of all ages.
- Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History Sea Center – At the Sea Center visitors of all ages can enjoy interactive exhibits, opportunities to work like scientists, a theater showcasing the wonders of the Santa Barbara Channel, hands-on close encounters with sea creatures, and a live shark touch pool. The Sea Center is an engaging, interactive marine education facility that allows visitors to discover the fun in science and the wonders of the natural world.
- Santa Barbara Zoo – The zoo features a stunning array of exotic animals, housing 146 different species all together, including a giant anteater, a California Condor and an Asian Elephant – to name but a few. A couple of times per year, the Santa Barbara Zoo offers Twilight Safaris, a fun-filled evening which includes a behind-the-scene tour, animal encounters, train rides, movies and more! If this is at the top of your list of things to do–consider booking our Santa Barbara Zoo package, which includes 2 complimentary zoo tickets!
- Channel Islands National Park – Discover California as it once was, visiting the Channel Islands’ unique animals, plants, and archaeological features. This destination usually requires some advanced planning, as the Islands are only accessible by the park concessionaire Island Packers. Well worth the extra planning—this destination is full of adventure, beautiful hikes, and views of the California coastline and sea.
- Santa Barbara Mission – The Spanish Mission in Santa Barbara was founded by the Franciscans in December 1786 and was the tenth of twenty-one California Missions. The Santa Barbara Mission remains a cultural and historic landmark in the city, featuring lush gardens and beautiful fountains. Guided tours are available 7 days a week—be sure to make reservations in advance to take part in the Art & Architecture Tour or the Huerta Garden Tour.
- Paseo Nuevo Shopping Mall – A visit to Santa Barbara isn’t complete with a walk down State Street and a visit to the Paseo Nuevo Shopping Mall. The beautiful Spanish-style architecture of this outdoor mall is a site to see and with its location in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara, it is bursting with shopping and dining outlets!
- Condor Express Whale Watching – If being in and around the water is your preference, go on a whale watching cruise and be in awe at the amount of different species of whales and dolphins that are just waiting to be spotted. (The Santa Barbara Channel is home to over 27 different species throughout the year!)
Hotel Milo welcomes you to enjoy all the fun of Santa Barbara with Stay More Save More rates–so that you don’t have to miss a thing! RESERVE NOW